My HP 15ay-series laptop is overheating

weCzarek

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016
my laptop: HP 15-ay057nw
Hello! I have a big, anonnying problem. My laptop is overheating while playing not-demanding games like CSGO. Temperatures are not "ok."
While playing:
GPU 70-95 degress Celsius
CPU 70-80 degress Celsius
I have changed thermal paste many times. It did not even help a lot. My laptop is still on warranty. I was doing something inside. I mean disassembly etc. What am I supposed to do? Should I give my laptop on warranty to repair?
I'm a bit upset about it. When I bought my laptop, everything was ok. Fan was not working too loud, laptop was not overheating.
Personally I think there must be something wrong with switchable graphic cards. Because even if I play games only on dedicated graphic card, the integrated has temperature of 70 degress Celsius+.

Solution
Even when you use discrete GPU, the iGPU will still get hot owing to the simple fact that there is hot air inside the laptop which is going to affect all components whether they are actually being used or not - - - think about it, it's not rocket science.

Time to ditch that feeble HP and buy a gaming laptop - Lenovo is currently best laptop brand for quality - HP are a joke.

Better still, have a desktop PC built to gaming spec, then you've got the option to improve cooling efficiency if it needs it.
Even when you use discrete GPU, the iGPU will still get hot owing to the simple fact that there is hot air inside the laptop which is going to affect all components whether they are actually being used or not - - - think about it, it's not rocket science.

Time to ditch that feeble HP and buy a gaming laptop - Lenovo is currently best laptop brand for quality - HP are a joke.

Better still, have a desktop PC built to gaming spec, then you've got the option to improve cooling efficiency if it needs it.

Solution