Question My hp laptop is showing white screen. Is there any solution without opening my laptop ?

Sep 7, 2019
I was defragmenting my hp laptop's C drive when by mistake I put the laptop on sleep mode. When I turned it on it shows white screen. I tried pressing alt+Ctrl+del and alt+Ctrl+esc but nothing works. Can formatting be a solution?

Defragging won't cause the screen to go white. It would either be an error with the driver, the GPU is dead or the display is in need of replacing.

You need to power it off. If necessary you will have to either pull the battery, or if you can't/don't feel comfortable doing so, then you will have to wait for it to run out of power.

Once that is done, let it charge for a short while (if you had to run it down) or reinsert the battery. Try then to turn it on and see if you get the same issue. If so, you may then want to try connecting an external monitor to see if you can see on it. If you can, then the attached display is likely the problem. If you can't, then the GPU is more likely the issue.

NOTE: If the laptop is under warranty, then don't do anything yourself and contact the manufacturer instead.

Aug 22, 2019
I was defragmenting my hp laptop's C drive when by mistake I put the laptop on sleep mode. When I turned it on it shows white screen. I tried pressing alt+Ctrl+del and alt+Ctrl+esc but nothing works. Can formatting be a solution?
  1. Right-click on Start Menu button and open Command Prompt (Admin).
  2. Enter the following line and press Enter: sfc/scannow.
  3. Wait until the scan is finished (since the scan is deep, it could last for a while).
  4. Restart your computer and see if the white screen still appears.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Laptop Tech Support 2
Rishabh103 Laptop Tech Support 1
giomarim Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 2
shresthabijay26 Laptop Tech Support 1
Lartwel Laptop Tech Support 1
CL19 Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 4
B Laptop Tech Support 1