My HP Stream touchpad isnt working anymore after installing windows 10

just6n

Estimable
Dec 1, 2015
I got my computer a few weeks ago from a friend with windows 10 ready installation, so I decided to do it last week. I attempted to go in to my computer but I noticed my touchpad isn't working anymore.

Solution
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in resolving the issue.
- Do a hard reset first, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then check weather the touchpad will work again after the reboot.
- If this will not work connect an external mouse and see if it will work and if will work uninstall/reinstall the TouchPad driver from Device Manager.
- Uninstall it from Device Manager and reboot the laptop and that should reinstall the driver automatically.
- If this will not work there's a shortcut key to enable or disable the touchpad. Try fn + F11.
- If all these will not work do run a complete factory reset.
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in resolving the issue.
- Do a hard reset first, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then check weather the touchpad will work again after the reboot.
- If this will not work connect an external mouse and see if it will work and if will work uninstall/reinstall the TouchPad driver from Device Manager.
- Uninstall it from Device Manager and reboot the laptop and that should reinstall the driver automatically.
- If this will not work there's a shortcut key to enable or disable the touchpad. Try fn + F11.
- If all these will not work do run a complete factory reset.

Solution