Question My hp windows 10 laptop has 100% disk usage. I tried all the suggestions I could find online, nothing seems to work. Should I replace my hdd?

May 7, 2020
I don't know by hearth what I tried already but at least the first three hits on google for 100% disk usage, each with a list of things to try. I still have the problem. Does this mean I need to replace the harddisk? Is there a way to test this? Laptop model is 15-bs034nf.
Thanks,
Joost

rhyalus

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
There is a way to do "some cleaning" but if you are full you are full.

If using Windows 10, go to storage and then clean temporary files...you may find old windows versions and stuff that can be deleted.

You may also want to turn off hibernation which uses the same amount of hard drive space as the amount of RAM that you have.

One last thing you can try is to download a program called "windirstat" which can graphically show you what big files are taking up space.

Good luck,
R

May 7, 2020
I have plenty space on my disk. It's the bandwidth usage that's at 100 %, it's the percentage that's displayed at task manager.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Laptop Tech Support 0
juliver Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 0
Dzoelx Laptop Tech Support 0
philly.a Laptop Tech Support 1
2 Laptop Tech Support 3
3 Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
Hirinator Laptop Tech Support 1