Solved! My hp windows 10 notebook will not show on the monitor.

Jul 30, 2018
I have a Windows 10 HP Notebook - 15-ba079dx (Touch) (ENERGY STAR) laptop, and I foolishly broke my screen, (not the touchscreen, the actual screen) but that isn't the main problem. I wasn't able to pay for repairs, so instead I simply attached an HDMI cable and plugged it into my TV. I was doing just fine like that, until a Windows feature update was ready to install. So I started the download before I went to bed, and when I woke up this morning, it didn't seem to be finished since I couldnt see my screen on my TV. I gave it some time but after an hour, I realized that the screen only went to the TV when the PC reached the lock screen, so that meant that it couldnt reach the lock screen. I thought it might be asking for some user action, so I pressed enter thinking that was a good idea, but it didn't work. I tried to boot it into safe mode and when I tried that it seemed to work at first but then it did the same thing like it was asking for a user action. I tried several times, yet got the same result. What do i need to do to boot it and skip the update? I have already tried safe mode, power cycle, and random clicking, to no avail. All i need to do is reach the lock screen, or maybe there is some way to see my screen before I get to the lock screen, anything works but I'd rather not have to factory reset/system restore.
Thanks for any help,

Solution
If the update has started, you need to finish it and not skip it for it will just give you a problem in the future and may affect the system performance. I think the best advice for this is to do a system restore, worst is the reset option. Try to run safe mode with command prompt and type it on the black box rstrui.exe then press enter. Window for system restore will appear and choose the latest date.

paulchezter

Notable
Aug 11, 2018
If the update has started, you need to finish it and not skip it for it will just give you a problem in the future and may affect the system performance. I think the best advice for this is to do a system restore, worst is the reset option. Try to run safe mode with command prompt and type it on the black box rstrui.exe then press enter. Window for system restore will appear and choose the latest date.

Solution