My internet turns off on my laptop when i close it.

GardAanstad

Commendable
Feb 3, 2017
My internet turns off when i close my laptop... I've tried everything of the suggested things to do. My room where my laptop is pretty bad. Should I get ethernet or is there a suggestion? I'm using the HP Pavilion

Solution
If your laptop is going to sleep when it is closed, or hibernate or even turning off, that could be the reason for the internet also being turned off.

Unless your internet connection is already spotty, then that may be the issue.

Try going into "Control Panel" and then "Power Options".

Then click "Change plan settings" next to the plan you are using.

Now you want to click "Change advanced power settings".

You should get a new window. In here check all the settings to make sure nothing is set up to turn something off that shouldn't. Like your WiFi, Internet, Power, Display, etc.

When you are finished making changes click "Apply" and then click "OK". Close those open windows and reboot.
If your laptop is going to sleep when it is closed, or hibernate or even turning off, that could be the reason for the internet also being turned off.

Unless your internet connection is already spotty, then that may be the issue.

Try going into "Control Panel" and then "Power Options".

Then click "Change plan settings" next to the plan you are using.

Now you want to click "Change advanced power settings".

You should get a new window. In here check all the settings to make sure nothing is set up to turn something off that shouldn't. Like your WiFi, Internet, Power, Display, etc.

When you are finished making changes click "Apply" and then click "OK". Close those open windows and reboot.

Solution