my laptop can't handle most games anymore?

Sep 3, 2018
I've been using my laptop for at least 3 years on a clean environment getting like 300 fps on league of legends on a very high setting so as on playing cs:go and other games. After some time i can just play them on low settings and an average of 90-100 fps and also it turns off suddenly while i am playing some games. I ust turned off in a sudden after i played my first game of cs:go in the morning when i woke up
here are some of my specs.
Intel core i7-4710HQ 2.5Ghz(8cpus)
8gb Ram
DirectX 12

Graphics:
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Nvidia Gtx 850m

Pls help asap :C

Solution
Check your Temps with a program like Core Temp, if they are high (over 80C) then you really need to clean the dust bunnies out of your heat sinks and fans. Rooms indoors are dusty, keeping a laptop in your room plugged in does not prevent dust build up.

Lutfij

Splendid
Since the laptop was purchased, did you ever open it up and perform a regular maintenance on the unit? Often times dirt and debris can clog up the cooling vents and impeded heat dissipation. Are you dealing with the laptop powered off the wall or the battery? You may want to make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your laptop. Does the issue happen when you tax the laptop or when it's idling?

You should post the make and model of your laptop and include an SKU for us to scope out it's specs. I'm also moving this thread to the laptop section.

Sep 3, 2018

My laptop was purchased around 2015. I don't think i had a regular maintenance since i just use it inside my room. I only play games when my laptop is plugged on the wall. How do i check the latest BIOS update by th way.
Model : Dell Inspiron 14 7447
and it says my System SKU is 0680
and my BIOS version is 17/09/2014

MCMunroe

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
Check your Temps with a program like Core Temp, if they are high (over 80C) then you really need to clean the dust bunnies out of your heat sinks and fans. Rooms indoors are dusty, keeping a laptop in your room plugged in does not prevent dust build up.

Solution