Estimable
Jan 23, 2015
hello!
my laptop's specs are:
cpu: intel core i5 2410m
gpu: nvidia gt 540m
ram: 4 gb
mobo: private label, as well as the laptop brand
so yeterday i was playing some need for speed and everything was fine.Then after a sudden power loss(i didnt have the battery pluged in) the laptop obviously turned off. When i tried turning the laptop back on everything looked fine but the moment i checked msi afterburner it showed me that the computer is running on the cpu's integrated graphics and not on the graphics card itself(it wasn't monitoring the graphics card either). I thought that this was a driver issue and tried reinstalling the driver that my gpu was running on(also tried different nvidia drivers). Every time it poped the message saying that i dont have the correct hardware to install this driver. My next thought was that it was a virus(even tho i have a very good antivirus) or that it was my window 8.1 since its origin wasn't legit(i had installed the 8.1 verion a couple of months back), so i tried going back to my trutworthy windows 7 64 bit home premium(wich where 100% legit) and setting everything up from the beginning. still no luck. I hope and think that the power loss didnt brick my gpu since similar power losses have occured in the past as well and there was no issue. Keep in mind that i was overclocking but i had an eye on the temps and they never got over 75 c. Please help me and thank you for your time

andya48

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015
if, through bios, it shows ur nvidia gpu is present, then probably its not any hardware issue. if in bios itself, its not showing any gpu, then it might be some serious trouble. have u looked into it?

apo123

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015
hello and thanks for replying, unfortunately i went ahead and bought this laptop because it had good specs for it's low price. The motherboard is a private label model wich means that it is cheap, but it is as basic as it gets.
The only thing you can do in the bios is change the boot order and enable some minor stuff like fast boot. However it does preview my cpu model and the amount of ram i have but it wasn't showing my gpu even when windows and everything recognized it. Also i am not sure if it matters but the gpu is generating heat. It also doesn't get recognized in device manager so most of the solutions that i found online regarding the device manager and the "gpu ip" wont work