My laptop has been factory repaired twice and is still broken. Help!

nigelgulden

Estimable
Dec 9, 2015
I've been having one hell of an issue with my Lenovo Y50-70. The first thing that occurred is games would only play for 10 minutes at a time before crashing the whole computer. After reinstalling everything from the drivers to the OS, I still got this problem. I send it in to lenovo, they send it back after replacing the motherboard assembly, which includes the gpu, same problem as before. Send it in again, another mobo replacement, same problem, only this time I can't fully boot windows. The background is black, the task bar is half loaded, and there are no icons. After reloading windows again, it works, so I check the memory by swapping it out. Immediately goes back to not fully loading windows. Reinstall windows again, get it to work, install nvidia drivers, and it crashes the nvidia driver and freezes when I try to play a game, i restart and it and goesback to the windows not loading issue. Lenovo has told me they are not going to attempt any more repairs because of superficial damage on the top lid, scratches. So that option is out. This problem has kept me from using my laptop for 2 months, and for an 800 dollar laptop, is inexcusable. I've only had it a year. Please, someone help!

Solution
depending on where you live you might consider legal options but this forum really isnt the place for that. if it keeps breaking and they failed to repair it its their fault, not yours.

edit: but this is an end course of actions, first try to contact them and explain why you consider this within factory guaranty.

tjeulink

Estimable
Dec 16, 2014
depending on where you live you might consider legal options but this forum really isnt the place for that. if it keeps breaking and they failed to repair it its their fault, not yours.

edit: but this is an end course of actions, first try to contact them and explain why you consider this within factory guaranty.

Solution