Solved! My laptop instantly shutdowns and i dont know why :(

marc_2094

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
i bought a new laptop it's Lenovo ideapad Z360 and when i used it, it just
shuts down without asking me. i don't know why or what is the problem. can you help me? and also my windows 7 enterprise is not a genuine maybe it can help you and i don't have antivirus yet. -.-

Solution
You should try to return the laptop. If for some reason you cannot, even though you say its new, then you should format the hard drive and do a fresh install of a Genuine Windows 7. Backup any files you want to keep first of course but make sure to virus scan them before putting them back on.

Fadekyn

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
Download Avast anti-virus Home edition for free. Does it shutdown while using? Or does it shutdown when you walk away? As for the Windows version, I have no clue, who did you buy the laptop from?

Fadekyn

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
....if you don't have anti-virus yet then I don't see how it can't help. Get anti-virus on it, run a scan and then report if your system is clean. You could have something messing with your computer.

wribbs

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
You should try to return the laptop. If for some reason you cannot, even though you say its new, then you should format the hard drive and do a fresh install of a Genuine Windows 7. Backup any files you want to keep first of course but make sure to virus scan them before putting them back on.

Solution