my laptop is messed up and i want to trade in for another

thecrowrules1982

Prominent
Feb 7, 2018
I brought a laptop at best buy I think a year ago. It was working okay but I had some problems where it would freeze and my dvd player would act up. I'd like to trade it in and transfer my hard drive into the newer laptop. Can it be done and if so, what places would help me?

Solution
You can't trade in your laptop. You can attempt to sell it, but a malfunctioning laptop is not worth much because people would only purchase the laptop for it's parts so that it can be used to repair other laptops.

You cannot simply transfer the hard drive to another laptop and use it normally. It will likely not have the correct software drivers installed unless you are buying the exact same model. At best you can connect it to another laptop and copy the files you want to keep.

You can always try to reinstall Windows 10 to attempt to fix software issues. If you have hardware issues, then this will not work. This will delete everything on the C: drive so if you have any important data on that drive, then you need to back it up...
You can't trade in your laptop. You can attempt to sell it, but a malfunctioning laptop is not worth much because people would only purchase the laptop for it's parts so that it can be used to repair other laptops.

You cannot simply transfer the hard drive to another laptop and use it normally. It will likely not have the correct software drivers installed unless you are buying the exact same model. At best you can connect it to another laptop and copy the files you want to keep.

You can always try to reinstall Windows 10 to attempt to fix software issues. If you have hardware issues, then this will not work. This will delete everything on the C: drive so if you have any important data on that drive, then you need to back it up before doing the reinstall. Click the link below for more info.

https://www.easeus.com/todo-backup-resource/reinstall-windows-10-without-cd.html

Solution