My laptop isn't starting.

Sankalpa Lodh

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
My laptop doesn't get started. When I try to do so the LED blinks for a while. If I repair it shall I loose all my files?

Solution
Every laptop is different. We can't help you if we don't know what you have. We also can't tell you if you're files are safe until the machine is diagnosed. I recommend bringing it to a local shop. It is much easier to bring it somewhere than trying to figure it out yourself. we could spend hour walking you through steps that may not fix the issue. These types of issues are best dealt with hands on.

You could try:
1)holding the power button for 30 seconds, then trying to boot it.
2)remove the battery and the power cable. press the power button repeatedly for 30 sec. plug only the power cable back in and try to boot. then try with battery and cable.

N3rdR4ge

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
Every laptop is different. We can't help you if we don't know what you have. We also can't tell you if you're files are safe until the machine is diagnosed. I recommend bringing it to a local shop. It is much easier to bring it somewhere than trying to figure it out yourself. we could spend hour walking you through steps that may not fix the issue. These types of issues are best dealt with hands on.

You could try:
1)holding the power button for 30 seconds, then trying to boot it.
2)remove the battery and the power cable. press the power button repeatedly for 30 sec. plug only the power cable back in and try to boot. then try with battery and cable.

Solution

ficler1977

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
1.If the hard drive was not encrypted(its not be default) than you can always plug this hard drive into another computer (£5 usb case) and get your files.
If you really see only LEDs flashing and nothing on screen than 90% motherboard/graphic card is broken, fixing it is never recommended as you will spend loads of money and laptop will die anyway soon.

2.Is there really nothing on the screen, even for 1 second?
3. Use a flashlight and flash onto your screen- can you see anything displayed now? is yes it means just the screen is broken.
4. Plug desktop monitor/screen into laptop. in the back of your laptop there is a port to plug monitor(must be somewhere).
if you haven't got the monitor at home take laptop to friend/lover/milkman/dustman home and try to plug the screen.