Solved! My laptop keeps crashing

Oct 29, 2018
Hi.

It started two weeks ago, my laptop crashes randomly like once every few hours. In order for me to unfreeze it I have to power off and on my laptop again which gets pretty annoying. When it freezes I can't do anything which means I can't move my mouse, go to task manager etc. My laptop right now is a HP stream. 30Gb storage, 2gb ram, processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N3060 @ 1.60GHz

Solution
I have one of those and it doesn't take more than a couple of Windows Updates to run the hard disk out of space. My fix was to buy a SanDisk USB drive and move all my personal files on to that.

Clean up the Windows system by right clicking on c:\windows\system32\cleanmgr and choose RunAs Administrator. Tick all the boxes it shows you - nothing important will be lost. The process takes a while but it will get rid of all the dross that goes with Windows.

Once there's free space on that hard drive I think your problem will fade away.
I have one of those and it doesn't take more than a couple of Windows Updates to run the hard disk out of space. My fix was to buy a SanDisk USB drive and move all my personal files on to that.

Clean up the Windows system by right clicking on c:\windows\system32\cleanmgr and choose RunAs Administrator. Tick all the boxes it shows you - nothing important will be lost. The process takes a while but it will get rid of all the dross that goes with Windows.

Once there's free space on that hard drive I think your problem will fade away.

Solution