My Laptop keyboard is typing the wrong characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bajansmurfette

Estimable
Jun 10, 2014
My Laptop keyboard is typing the wrong characters. For example when I hit "q" it types "Q0 a"; exactly like that. Is there any way to fix it. I've attached another keyboard to it and that works fine. I have an Asus laptop running Windows 8.

Ernewein

Estimable
Nov 15, 2014

I am having the same issue. did you ever find the cause?

Kerrie61

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015
Make sure the NumLok is off. Mine was doing that and I kept looking for answers here which is why I found your question.... last time it was something with the fn key being pressed down with f9 I think it was but that wasn't working.... duh...simple as turning numlok off.

Reactions: mister1763

jvyrus

Estimable
May 2, 2015
I've spent lots of time trying to solve a similar issue on Lenovo x201i, and eventually I did, but I don't know what helped exactly in the end. I used to get "gt" when I typed "t" etc. When I connected external keyboard, it worked, but I need the built in keyboard to work

The last thing I did before it started working was downloading this tool from Lenovo website:
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x201/downloads/DS102384 and running it. It configures some "enhanced keyboard". Even though I don't have any "enhanced" keyboard, I have a ususal one, after running through all steps in the tool, the keyboard started working as expected

Other things I did but they didn't help (or maybe a combination of them did help in the end):
1. Removed keyboard through "Device manager", added it again.
2. Removed all input languages (I had 6, left only English).
3. Update antivirus (avast), checked the whole system, no viruses found
4. Downloaded "Microsoft Security Scanner", checked the system with it, no viruses found
5. Changed windows location, language settings to english
6. Tried updating the system (Windows 8), which I couldn't do because some permissions in the system are screwed up
7. Turning on/off numlock/scroll lock (didn't help)

leena12345

Estimable
May 28, 2015

thank u, becoz of this problem last time i have changed my laptop keyboard spending money, but this time, got the solution without spending thank u somuch

Godofmen

Estimable
Jun 15, 2015

You are a superstar. I have been cursed with the same problem for months now, having to use a bluetooth additional keyboard, ever since I put a game on my laptop for my young son. I have removed keyboard drivers, changed languages and keyboard layout settings in Windows all without success. Pressed the numlock key and bingo. Unbelievable. I also have a ASUS laptop. Maybe there is a connection here.

Maricar Palacio

Estimable
Jun 30, 2015

WHEN I TYPE "B" "BG" WILL APPEAR
WHILE "N", "NH" WILL APPEAR AND SPACE BAR , " E" WILL APPEAR

palanimech

Estimable
May 14, 2014

Try restoring the system settings to an earlier date.. I recently changed my laptop keyboard and since then i've been facing such problems then and there. System restore came handy to me. I even tried uninstalling keyboard driver, Nothing worked except the system restore.

Roukurai

Estimable
Oct 18, 2015

DID YOU SOLVE IT? Cause I have the exact same thing

TomZzz

Estimable
Nov 19, 2015

Thanks - fn+numlock worked for my Acer 6920. Almost bought a new laptop because of this brilliant 'feature'.

Zedd__

Estimable
Jan 5, 2016
Happened when I plugged USB keyboard into my netbook, the netbook installed the new keyboard drivers. After unplugging the USB keyboard, the netbook installed keyboard drivers again and this is where things went wrong.
My solution was to restore to the time before plugging in the USB keyboard.

joshuatop

Estimable
Feb 6, 2016

I have the same problem too. When I press d it become /f. When press escape it become ...enter. and many other keyboard key typing error. Have u solve the problem? Can u help me??

joshuatop

Estimable
Feb 6, 2016
When I go to comand prompt through windows 8 advance startup. It have the same problem even in safe mode. I have reset the keyboard driver. Still the same. Anyone knows how to fix?

SherrySperry

Commendable
Mar 17, 2016

I was having the same problem and have tested the above mentioned solution which successfully solved the problem for me.

Wyverntales

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
Having the problem of @ symbol showing up as " . When I try to type " nothing shows up on screen. This is happening on a msi VR 603 running Windows Vista. Tried the num lock, fn function. Language set up too. Nothing is helping. Can anyone help?

JusticeZ

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
Uhnhngb cahn someohne please hnelp me"?

Thnis is whnat my keygboard does!

It'/s a Gigbagbyte Force K7 It'/s like a laptop Keygboard it evehn hnas fn

Thnis hnas hnappehned twice gbefore ihn thne past, I dohn'/t khnow hnow I fixed it,

Whnat gbothners me is - '/ - Is a codihng methnod used to make Word'/s appear as Word's (A coder will khnow whnat thnis meahns)

Status
Not open for further replies.