Solved! My laptop power light is blinking after shut down. What should I do?

Phillip Corcoran

Splendid
That means your laptop is just asleep, not shut down -- that's the default setup for Win 10/Win 8.

If you'd rather it fully shut down when you press the power button, you can change it's behaviour in Control Panel >> Power Options

Or leave settings as they are and when you want to fully shut down, right-click the window icon at bottom-left of Windows Desktop, hover mouse pointer over "Shut down or sign out", then right-click "Shut down".

Phillip Corcoran

Splendid
That means your laptop is just asleep, not shut down -- that's the default setup for Win 10/Win 8.

If you'd rather it fully shut down when you press the power button, you can change it's behaviour in Control Panel >> Power Options

Or leave settings as they are and when you want to fully shut down, right-click the window icon at bottom-left of Windows Desktop, hover mouse pointer over "Shut down or sign out", then right-click "Shut down".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Laptop Tech Support 5
lexahrro Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 1
Squabbie13 Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 1
suhaib.ajaz03 Laptop Tech Support 0
Archaureous Laptop Tech Support 1
AstroAvocado Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 4
celassad Laptop Tech Support 3