My laptop powers on from hibernate, and then shuts down for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athena Langley

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
Basically, this all started last night and I want to get it solved. What happened was that last night, I botted my laptop from hibernate. I went to do my usual things. However, it froze after a few seconds of booting it up. It froze, and then shut down by itself. I had to restart the whole laptop and it worked fine. I closed my laptop, therefore going into hibernate again.

The next day, I booted the laptop from hibernate mode again to see if it was still a problem. Once again, it happened. This time, as it froze, I closed my laptop to see if it would go back into hibernating. Unfortunately, it didn't. It just powered off by itself.

Right now, I have the laptop in safe mode and running a scan using Malwarebytes. My laptop is 4 years old, and it is running Windows 7 64-bit. The model is an Acer Aspire from 2010. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Athena Langley

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
I would like to add an update. Malwarebytes detected no problems, and I ran Seagate Seatools for problems with my hard drive, but all tests were pass. I am doing a System Restore point to when I did a recent Windows Update because I'm pretty sure this didn't start until the updates were installed.

Athena Langley

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
New update: (any help would be really, really nice)

Apparently, when I got it off hibernate again, it froze. This time, the hard drive stopped running and the entire screen froze. Now, I know that this is the first time this happened. I found a virus that did this, so I'll assume that this is a virus problem. I seriously need your help, otherwise I'll be helping myself. Any help would be appreciated guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.