Question My laptop problem

Nov 2, 2019
okay i own asus laptop a442u. the problem is that my laptop won't switch on unless it plugged in eventhough the battery is full. when i unplugged it during the laptop is on, it will switch off but takes more than a minute. did anyone know what is the problem? and how to solve it. thank you guys.

You say the battery is full, but it sounds like it isn't. It is very common for a battery to say it has a charge that it doesn't have when it is going bad. And if it is a replacement and aftermarket battery, that is even more common. Batteries that are dead or dying will often show up as haven't a percentage of a charge that they do not. If that is the case here, the only fix is to replace the battery.

Now if the battery is new or newer, then I would contact where it came from (place purchased or the manufacturer if it came with the laptop) and have them look into replacing it.

If it isn't new, then it just is its time. They don't last forever.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2019
You say the battery is full, but it sounds like it isn't. It is very common for a battery to say it has a charge that it doesn't have when it is going bad. And if it is a replacement and aftermarket battery, that is even more common. Batteries that are dead or dying will often show up as haven't a percentage of a charge that they do not. If that is the case here, the only fix is to replace the battery.

Now if the battery is new or newer, then I would contact where it came from (place purchased or the manufacturer if it can with the laptop) and have them look into replacing it.

If it isn't new, then it just is its time. They don't last forever.
thanks bro really appreciate that