my laptop run games really bad

3ouffes

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017
i just get my dell inspiron n5010 laptop .. before i buy it i checked it performance with gaming etc and it was good .. when i bought it it was good too but now after formatting it i start suffering from a real low fps .. i play league of legends with 20-30 fps when i used to play it with 120+ :/ .. i tried almost all the drivers from the oldest to newest but yet the same problem i really dont know what to do

my pc has : i5 480m (there's no integrated graphiques card so i cant switch)
4 GO ram
amd mobility 5650 1go

plz help ..

V1ctor89

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Check the HDD health with HD Tune or HDD Sentinel. If the hdd has degraded and became slow, then all apps will be suffering from this. I would recommend replacing the lazy hdd with an SSD. The impact is huge, i had the same model before and i can say that games like League of Legend were playable on 90+ fps. So, the hdd may be the issue here...worth checking.

3ouffes

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017

i just run a test and the disk is totally clean with an average transfert rate 43mb/s

V1ctor89

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Check the health tab. See if there are any pending sectors and check the reallocation count. IF everything is still good, i would still recommend zero-fill-ing it with HDShredder. It refreshes the disk a bit.

3ouffes

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017
well about sectors he says warning ..
im not sure about that but i still think that its the gpu problem because i tries playing a game for 1hour+ and when i go to check the temperature i found the cpu on 70°c and the gpu is sleeping it didnt even pass 50°c
thats why i think that my computer isnt even using the dedicated gpu