Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try it again.
- If it will still not work, connect an external monitor and see if the same problem will persist on it.
- If the external monitor will work just fine the problem may lie on the built in display.
- Try doing a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Feature then uninstall anything related to the graphic card.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver.
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do test it again and if the same problem will persist I would suggest replacing the LCD of the laptop.