My Laptop starts opening windows by itself, does anybody know how to fix that, is this a virus?

Ivannovish

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014

I did a clean installation and the issue persists.
thanks for your answered!

millwright

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
If you did a clean install then it is not a virus or malware.

Unless you downloaded one right away.

It normally would point to hardware.

Not sure what hardware would open files, or windows.

A stuck key maybe, but even that dosn't sound possible.

imadino

Estimable
Jun 28, 2015
I have the same problem on my Toshiba Satellite A665. For me, it occurs after waking up from sleep. It seems to follow a pattern: first the Skype window opens and I close it, then the START menu opens and I click the middle of the screen and it goes away, then Google Chrome opens at least 4 copies and I close each one, then I get the Start menu again. Eventually things stop. Today I tried to start Malwarebytes after all that and it appeared to not start, so i started Windows Task manager (CTL+ALT+DEL) and there were dozens of copies of Malewarebytes and running 100%. I forced the system down. This has been going on for months. During my research it was mentioned maybe the mouse was causing the problem so I changed the mouse. Also, maybe the external keyboard that I use is the problem, i have not changed that so far. I'm still looking for a definitive answer. Successful runs of Malwarebytes show nothing. I have also run it in safe mode and nothing.