My laptop turns on then crashes after 30 seconds. Please help!

asewter

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017
Every time I try to turn on my lenovo yoga 700 it will boot, then I sign in, and then immediately crashes after 35 seconds. I don't know how to fix it so can anyone help me?

Try starting up in "Safe Mode" and see if it will stay on. If it does, then there is probably something (virus, malware, bad program, etc.,) on the device that needs to be removed. If it won't start up in "Safe Mode" either, then I would be looking at a hardware issue.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the "F6" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Command Prompt.
(In "Safe Mode" with "Command Prompt" starts Windows in Safe Mode, with a Command Prompt window instead of the Windows interface. This option is mostly only used by IT professionals.)

Now sign in to the computer with your account name and password. (If you have one set.) When you are finished troubleshooting, you can exit "Safe Mode" restarting your computer.

In Windows 7/Vista/XP...

1. Immediately after turning on the computer, or restarting it (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key, repeatedly, in 1 second intervals.

2. The computer will then display hardware information and run a memory test.

3. Next the "Advanced Boot Options" menu will appear.

4. In the "Advanced Boot Options" menu use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode with Networking" and press ENTER.

Try starting up in "Safe Mode" and see if it will stay on. If it does, then there is probably something (virus, malware, bad program, etc.,) on the device that needs to be removed. If it won't start up in "Safe Mode" either, then I would be looking at a hardware issue.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the "F6" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Command Prompt.
(In "Safe Mode" with "Command Prompt" starts Windows in Safe Mode, with a Command Prompt window instead of the Windows interface. This option is mostly only used by IT professionals.)

Now sign in to the computer with your account name and password. (If you have one set.) When you are finished troubleshooting, you can exit "Safe Mode" restarting your computer.

In Windows 7/Vista/XP...

1. Immediately after turning on the computer, or restarting it (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key, repeatedly, in 1 second intervals.

2. The computer will then display hardware information and run a memory test.

3. Next the "Advanced Boot Options" menu will appear.

4. In the "Advanced Boot Options" menu use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode with Networking" and press ENTER.

asewter

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017
Thanks, i tried to boot it into safe mode but it still crashed so it must be a hardware issue. Do you have any idea what part of my laptop is damaged?

Alas, it could be a few things. If it is under warranty still, I would contact the manufacturer. If it isn't, then you can try testing it yourself, different components (if you feel comfortable doing so) or take it to a local tech.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Manmcmanman Laptop Tech Support 1
TCG1_QC Laptop Tech Support 6
O Laptop Tech Support 1
blisterbug Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 5
Spainshkid Laptop Tech Support 2
H Laptop Tech Support 8
Spacex170 Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 3