My laptop won't past the Acer word screen

daisuke26

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
hello, mmm i have some problem here, my laptap is acer aspire 5742 series, intel i3-370m 2.4Ghz, and its 5 years old now, and its been 1 year since it starts to fail, my problem is it loads the acer screen but it wont past after that, after showing the acer word in the screen of my laptap it turns off and on, again and again, but there are times that it boots windows 7 and use it for a few times but after i finished using it and shut down my laptap and turn it on, again it wont past the acer word screen and it will turn off and on again. And also it has now a brand new samsung HDD,keyboard,and RAM. I am now not attaching its battery because its dead now, and still no luck. can you help me? what do you think is the problem?

Solution
Hi daisuke26,

What you can do is to diagnose if this has something to do with the HDD or the motherboard of your laptop. To do the test try these steps.

To diagnose if it's the motherboard:
- remove the HDD off the laptop then turn it on
- expect that you'll get an error message on a black screen saying insert boot device and that's normal since you don't have the HDD plugged in
- if it gets pass the Acer logo with no problem try to do couple of more times and if it won't get stuck that's when you can say that it's the HDD which is at fault.
- you can insert the HDD back and see if it will get stuck again just to be safe with the conclusion.

To see if it's the motherboard:
- remove the HDD and memory cards off the PC
- Turn it on and...
Hi daisuke26,

What you can do is to diagnose if this has something to do with the HDD or the motherboard of your laptop. To do the test try these steps.

To diagnose if it's the motherboard:
- remove the HDD off the laptop then turn it on
- expect that you'll get an error message on a black screen saying insert boot device and that's normal since you don't have the HDD plugged in
- if it gets pass the Acer logo with no problem try to do couple of more times and if it won't get stuck that's when you can say that it's the HDD which is at fault.
- you can insert the HDD back and see if it will get stuck again just to be safe with the conclusion.

To see if it's the motherboard:
- remove the HDD and memory cards off the PC
- Turn it on and if it get stuck right away surely it's your motherboard that is going bad.

Hope this helps.

Solution