My laptop won't playback GoPro videos

kmcmorrow135

Commendable
Mar 26, 2016
So I recently purchased a GoPro hero session and I've been loving it but there's one major problem. Every time I connect it to my HP Stream laptop (either by inserting the sd card or by plugging it in via usb) it only lets me watch 1 video in the folder, when I try and watch another it says "cannot play" or "file unsupported" it's different every time. Also when I insert the sd card it says there is a problem with it but when I scan it, it says it's fine. This is really annoying as I have no way of viewing my GoPro footage which Defeats the whole purpose of having it.
Can anyone give me any information on this or advice on how to fix it because the sd card is not the issue and neither is the camera so it's definitely my laptop. N.b my laptop has very little storage left on it so that could be an issue maybe but I'm just viewing the files in the DCIM folder and I'm not even importing them onto the laptop. Lastly, when I try and delete files (or import them to my laptop) it doesn't let me carry out the action it either does nothing or comes up "GoPro is busy" but doesn't do anything.
Can anyone plz help me :(

Solution
Have you tried using a different video viewing program? Trying to see if it is the program or possibly the videos themselves that are the issue. Before going for hardware. :)

kmcmorrow135

Commendable
Mar 26, 2016

Yep I tried this but still the same thing

kmcmorrow135

Commendable
Mar 26, 2016

Thanks mate I tried opening them with the media player and they work fine on that :) thanks for your help