My laptop won't shut down that is why I have to unplug it

kunophilos

Prominent
May 29, 2017
Hi I have this Acer notebook (aspire one KAV10). I have this problem with my laptop for about 2 to 3 weeks now. It won't shut down that's why I have no choice but to unplug it since it doesn't have battery as well.There is this one time when it shut down properly in safe mode. But in normal window it doesn't. I've tried uninstalling programs that I recently installed and try to delete some files too , to increase the memory. Now it has free space up to 20 GB (full memory is 74.00 GB). I've tried searching in the internet for solutions and I've read about this CCleaner. I already have that so I tried it but still won't work. Then I also try system restore but I wasn't able to finish cause I don't have any restore points.. and when I tried to make one there is this message that says something about X1000667937 ( kinda like that, I can no longer remember). Anyways I wasn't able to perform system restore so I don't know if its effective or not.

I would like to ask if any of you have recommendations regarding my problem. I'm hoping to get helpful response from you guys...thanks

Solution
If it won't shut down in normal mode, but will in "Safe Mode" then something on the device is prohibiting it.

I would really suggest running some good deep virus and malware scans. With more than one program for each. Then I would check as to what is actually running. Just because you didn't start something doesn't mean it can't be automatically starting when the computer starts up, or even later, leading to it prohibiting the device from shutting off.
If it won't shut down in normal mode, but will in "Safe Mode" then something on the device is prohibiting it.

I would really suggest running some good deep virus and malware scans. With more than one program for each. Then I would check as to what is actually running. Just because you didn't start something doesn't mean it can't be automatically starting when the computer starts up, or even later, leading to it prohibiting the device from shutting off.

Solution