My Laptop Won't Turn On

Oct 14, 2017
So this morning I brought my laptop to school and it was 100% perfectly fine, but then when I got home after walking for about 15 minutes under the sun, my laptop stopped working, it simply won't turn on.

I plugged in my laptop to charge it and the battery light is on, but the laptop won't turn on. I tried to remove the battery, hold the power button, put the battery back in then try to power it on, but it will not work. My laptop is a non removable battery so I had to manually screw the top off. It's an Acer Aspire V5-573, V5-572.

Anyways, does anyone know how I can fix this?

Solution
Did you try turning the laptop on without the battery and only plugged in? Also when you press the power button are there any signs the computer is responding like the fans start spinning or any lights come on?

This suggestion is going to sound really dumb, but just let the computer sit and try turning it on everyday. Sometimes moisture or some other factor is preventing the laptop from starting, and waiting will give it time to for issue to dissipate. It is not very scientific but sometimes the laptop will just turn back on after a day or two.

Other than that if you can't wait you will probably need to go a local repair store and have them diagnose it for you.

MusenMouse

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
Did you try turning the laptop on without the battery and only plugged in? Also when you press the power button are there any signs the computer is responding like the fans start spinning or any lights come on?

This suggestion is going to sound really dumb, but just let the computer sit and try turning it on everyday. Sometimes moisture or some other factor is preventing the laptop from starting, and waiting will give it time to for issue to dissipate. It is not very scientific but sometimes the laptop will just turn back on after a day or two.

Other than that if you can't wait you will probably need to go a local repair store and have them diagnose it for you.

Solution