My laptops wifi works for a few minutes after restarting and then suddenly doesn't connect and then the networks disappear?

Slavegamer

Estimable
May 5, 2014
I would check for network drivers update . The mother board chipset drivers would contain the network adapter drivers , if those are not up to date that would cause the issue. Maybe look at your PC vendors website for any updates to the hardware. Assuming the drivers are up to date , I would next take a look at the modem or router for the same thing. The vendors website should have either driver updates , also firmware updates for your modem/router . That being updated and all if your still having issue then I would look at modem/router wifi settings and try the defaults . Restart pc after any changes you make to modem/router. Sometimes simply unplugging the modem/router and the cable for a minute or two and restarting the pc after can help. If its an older pc , or modem/router it is likely to have updates to its drivers or firmware, you can find these on the vendors website . Good luck

Slavegamer

Estimable
May 5, 2014
I would check for network drivers update . The mother board chipset drivers would contain the network adapter drivers , if those are not up to date that would cause the issue. Maybe look at your PC vendors website for any updates to the hardware. Assuming the drivers are up to date , I would next take a look at the modem or router for the same thing. The vendors website should have either driver updates , also firmware updates for your modem/router . That being updated and all if your still having issue then I would look at modem/router wifi settings and try the defaults . Restart pc after any changes you make to modem/router. Sometimes simply unplugging the modem/router and the cable for a minute or two and restarting the pc after can help. If its an older pc , or modem/router it is likely to have updates to its drivers or firmware, you can find these on the vendors website . Good luck

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JudeDev123 Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0
giulio49 Laptop Tech Support 0
Jirky Laptop Tech Support 0
Cybertech119 Laptop Tech Support 1
Suplink Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 0
MonkeyZki Laptop Tech Support 0
Mannicxils Laptop Tech Support 13
K Laptop Tech Support 0