my LG android is having problems charging.

skylerwilson

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013
I have just recently replaced the charger and today at school it would say it was charging for a few minutes then it would stop. At first i just thought it was the plug in because when i got home and plugged it in it was working just fine. Now it's doing it again and it only charges if i set it a certain way. Does anyone know what's going on? I don't have a warranty, And my dad said if it breaks he won't purchase me another one.

Sounds like the charging port or USB port is loose. Happens a lot on cell phones, especially since people tend to use them plugged in and the cord move, bends the port and eventually breaks it. Most cell phone repair places will fix it for usually $40-80.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

I concur. It depends on the make and model of the phone, but it shouldn't be more than a hundred bucks.

Lunatasian

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
Hmm... I experienced that with my Droid Charge. The problem is not with the charger, or the battery, but its a problem with the port on the phone itself. It's bent, so it won't work right. This could have been caused by many different reasons. Your best bet, is to get a battery charger (no, not a USB cable, but a charger that you put your battery in) and use that. You will have to keep removing the back cover, but that's probably all you can do. You could try getting it repaired but that costs too much.

Hope I helped!
Please, let me know how it's coming along.