My microphone works only when both adapters are retasked to mic in

SotomaniaGr

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016
I have no sound from my headphones when both jacks are set to mic in.

Green Jack = Mic in
Red Jack= Mic in
Microphone works fine but I can't hear anything.

Green Jack= Headphones
Red Jack= Microphone
Microphone doesn't work.

Green Jack= Mic in
Red Jack= Headphones.
Neither the microphone and the headphones work.

Have you checked in "Control Panel"... "Sounds" to make sure that each device is set to be the primary, and work with that specific option? The jacks should be mic or headphone only, not both.

If that doesn't resolve the problem, and if it is under warranty, then I would contact the manufacturer about the jack issue.

SotomaniaGr

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016

That way the microphone doesn't work.

SotomaniaGr

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016

The microphone was working perfectly the day before yesterday. I had been using this microphone for more than 10 months with no problem.

SotomaniaGr

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016

It's not a usb adapter. There are two separate cables. One for the Sound and one for the microphone.
The red for the mic and the green for the audio.

Your post title says "Adapter" hence my assumption that this was an adapter you are using. An adapter is a separate item, not a part built in. So if you are referring to two 3.5mm jacks that are built in to the laptop, then we are back to their being an issue with the ports, drivers and/or setup.

If you have run through checking the setup, and uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, and this has not fixed the issue, then you are left with hardware issues.