My MSI laptop running pubg badly.

kusetjuv

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I have a MSI GL62QD with gtx 950 2gb ddr3 vram, 8gb ddr4 ram, and I installed samsung evo 960 m.2 ssd. It made the pc super fast, but of all games PUBG iS torturing mine the most., 35-50 fps in 1360x768 resolution with everything on vero low, then I maybe get 60-70fps max,!! 1080p aint even a question, it lags horribly. Why would it.. The hardware aint that bad. Why would it be so hard for the pc to run this game. I mean common 1360x768 and 40-60fps at a maximum, withbEVERY SETTING ON LOW!

I have high performance in power plan, in nvidia control panel too.ive done every tweaks for it in steam, nvidia panel etc. I still dont get the performance I want.

So help, whats going on...

Watch your language. Anagram'd vulgarity will not be tolerated!
This is a family friendly site.
Lutfij

Solution
The GTX 950m was a decent mobile GPU when it came out, but not any longer since the GeForce 10 series was a huge increase in performance. Addditionally, your GTX 950m only has DDR3 RAM instead of DDR5 RAM; I would say the DDR3 version is likely about 15% slower than the DDR5 version. Nowadays, most laptop gamers would probably say that the weakest nVidia GPU to "qualify" as a gaming GPU is the GTX 1050 which is basically equal to the GTX 965m. I would guess that is about 40% faster than the GTX 950m DDR5. nVidia's "budget" GPU is the mx150 which is based on the desktop GT 1030. It's performance is about halfway in between the GTX 950m DDR5 and GTX 960m.

PUBG is a rather demanding game and from what I hear it is still not very well...

Lutfij

Splendid
Have you made sure your laptop's BIOS is up to date? Are you on the latest GPU drivers for the dedicated GPU on your laptop? On another note, you speak of upgrading to an SSD. Did you migrate the OS or did you reinstall the OS? I'm assuming you're on Windows 10(since it wasn't mentioned).

The GTX 950m was a decent mobile GPU when it came out, but not any longer since the GeForce 10 series was a huge increase in performance. Addditionally, your GTX 950m only has DDR3 RAM instead of DDR5 RAM; I would say the DDR3 version is likely about 15% slower than the DDR5 version. Nowadays, most laptop gamers would probably say that the weakest nVidia GPU to "qualify" as a gaming GPU is the GTX 1050 which is basically equal to the GTX 965m. I would guess that is about 40% faster than the GTX 950m DDR5. nVidia's "budget" GPU is the mx150 which is based on the desktop GT 1030. It's performance is about halfway in between the GTX 950m DDR5 and GTX 960m.

PUBG is a rather demanding game and from what I hear it is still not very well optimized. The link below provides some game benchmarks for the GTX 950m (DDR5 version) including PUBG.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-950M.138026.0.html

Solution