Question MSI GE73VR 7RF Raider Low FPS in fullscreen mode, normal FPS in windowed mode

Lieroj

Commendable
Oct 26, 2020
Hi guys,

Yesterday I bought a new MSI laptop. Normally I'm very fond on MSI but today, not so much. When I try to play Call of Duty I get 16fps Max ingame. I tried uninstalling Dragon center as some suggest, tried changing power plan (there was only balanced mode at first in Windows). I found out the GeForce Experience from NVIDIA standard puts "Battery boost" on active, which means it will try it's hardest to have the longest battery life (diminishing performance) while I always use a cable, so weird option imo. Still I only get 16fps max ingame, no matter what settings I use (720p with everything on "low"). When I alt tabbed to my Battle net client, BOOM I saw Call of duty get normal fps in the BACKGROUND. What the heck guys, why is Call of duty showing normal fps when it's on the background? I then tried Windowed mode and there it is, normal FPS (100+ ingame). Why can I only play in windowed mode? I have all drivers up to date, etc. I just don't understand a thing about this laptop. Did MSI let me down on this one?

Lieroj

Commendable
Oct 26, 2020
It seems my laptop switches to the onboard intel HD graphics when I enter fullscreen. Even though I choose in 3 or 4 different settings that the dedicated gpu (gtx1070) should be prioritized. All drivers are up to date, the nvidia drivers, the intel drivers and also Windows itself. I tried connecting a monitor with hdmi and when I only show screen on my monitor (so not duplicated) I can play full screen without a problem. What the hell is wrong with my laptop?