Solved! My old hp just crashed & I am in desperate need of getting hold of some data. I removed the hard disk (wd 750 GB :WD7500BPKT)

Oct 30, 2018
My old hp just crashed & I am in desperate need of getting hold of some data. I removed the hard disk (wd 750 GB :WD7500BPKT) & the sticker on top says "+5V, 0.55A I just wanted to be sure if I can directly connect it to my desktop's motherboard slot (SATA ) along with the SATA power cable from PSU. I did came across similar questions, yet I just wanted to be sure :( Thanks

Solution
If the drive is Sata and not IDE (i assume it's Sata) then you can directly connect it to your pc using a Sata cable and a psu sata power calbe. Modern laptops use standard 2.5" hard drives that can be connected to any system using Sata ports. It should be fine

Tolis_GR

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017
If the drive is Sata and not IDE (i assume it's Sata) then you can directly connect it to your pc using a Sata cable and a psu sata power calbe. Modern laptops use standard 2.5" hard drives that can be connected to any system using Sata ports. It should be fine

Solution