Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to try and load the laptop into Safe Mode and see if it will load normally.
- While the laptop is booting up, repeatedly press on F8 until it loads Advanced Boot Options then select Safe Mode and press Enter.
- If it will load in Safe Mode please do run System Restore and bring it back to an earlier date or time when it was working properly.
- Here's how to run System Restore: http/windows.microsoft.com/en-ph/windows7/restore-system-files-and-settings
- Lastly, if System Restore will not work then please do reinstall Windows.
- If reinstalling Windows will not work then the problem lies in the HDD itself.
The problem is with this laptop you can change the bootup speed. I changed it from normal to fast and so instead of going to the startup screen and loudly beeping then freezing it just freezes when starting up now. I can't go to any settings... Plus the original keyboard is not functional and so i'm using a usb one.
Your issue is described in the video
"This computer has been passed onto me from my brothers. There are keys missing in the keyboard and I assume internal damage. It worked for me about a month ago. Whenever I try to start it up it beeps. Because the screw was loose in one area on the back I opened it up and cleaned it with alcohol and a paper towel gently...When I opened it up and noticed there was a redish brown dried fluid. (Probably dr. Pepper knowing my brothers. ) My friend who currently works at a computer shop turned it on earlier and there was beeping so the cleaning I did didn't cause the beeping. She said she could order a new keyboard for it but that isn't my main concern... It won't boot u"
Of course it won't boot, has a spill and keys and screws missing, not taken care of properly, what did you expect? You can try different RAM, taking the thing apart, cleaning things up, re-installing heatsink with new thermal paste. A bad keyboard connection or keyboard can cause systems not to boot. And you already said it has damage to the thing, unless you want to start buying parts like keyboard, motherboard, new RAM, I'd just sell it for parts.
It worked a a month or two ago, and since then no one else has used it. Then i try to use it recently and it's freezing on startup and beeping. Once i changed the bios setting to fast i can't do anything... It probably is a hardware issue...