My RCA tablet won't change screens with the dog and powered by android. I've tried resetting by using a push pin. It still won

Georget_1

Prominent
Apr 29, 2017
Screen won't change from the dog RCA powdered by Android. I've tried resetting it by using a push pin, I waited for 5 minutes. Then turn it back on and still won't change screen

Solution
Try loading it in "Safe Mode" and see if it will go through. If it does, then you know you have something on the tablet that is the problem. Bad app, virus, malware, etc., that you need to delete/uninstall/remove. Once that is done it should let you restart the tablet and it work.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.
Try loading it in "Safe Mode" and see if it will go through. If it does, then you know you have something on the tablet that is the problem. Bad app, virus, malware, etc., that you need to delete/uninstall/remove. Once that is done it should let you restart the tablet and it work.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution

columbia93

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
I have a similar problem. My 82 year old father has an RCA Voyager (Xmas) and today, when he turned it on, it loaded but was unresponsive to swipes or auto-turn. I've tried the reset button. I've tried the "safe mode" option but again, it is unresponsive and it just keeps right on loading up without going into safe mode.It loads up to a screen that is nothing more than swirling blue dots. If I pop the charge cable into it, that "change" will make it go to an information screen - date, time, charge level - and it says to swipe, but it won't respond. It eventually shuts off as the power saver kicks in.

columbia93

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
FYI - I could only get to Safe Mode by pushing the on/off and volume at the exact same time. I choose "reboot" but it doesn't fix the problem.

UPDATE: I ended up doing a factory/wipe. While it is again responding to swipes and taps, I cannot get into the tablet because it is asking to sign in as the owner. This was a gift for my 82 year old father and I have tried the emails that I remember him having - 1 yahoo and 1 gmail. It still doesn't work. Any suggestions on how to find out the owner so that I can get my dad back to his games?

columbia93

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
UPDATE: I know the owner but it won't accept it. I know the owner because, when I changed the password for the gmail account, it came up with 2 of his Google Play apps to check. Additionally, when I went into the actual email account (on the PC of course), the account was created on 12/6/16, which would be when we received the tablet for his Christmas present.

So, the question now is, any suggestions as to how to get the tablet to accept the correct owner information? :/

dionne_1

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017

Saint_2

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017
it might be a RCA virus cuz same thing happened to my moms tablet.
i got her a new google account (because i was tired of her using my YouTube account)
& then it wouldn't accept the new account. and an error kept popping up because it couldn't get into the google account. anywho after a week of that it wouldn't finish booting up.
so in conclusion I'm gonna go with RCA is trying to get us to buy another one of their tablets. which I honestly thought were pretty awesome till this whole mess.

nanatooley

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
No answer and no reply on this truly sad excuse for Google Customer Service. The RCA tablet was a Christmas gift. The Google account was created at that time. The tablet worked fine and then suddenly froze and nothing would unfreeze it. The only thing to do was reset it. After resetting, you are supposed to be able to sign back in with the account you first used when you purchased the tablet but it won't take it. It isn't RCA because there are all sorts of people on here with the same problem and different devices. I have the Owner Account information. But Google doesn't bother coming on here to fix anything so what's the point.

I made the mistake of getting Google Fiber and same problems. You go to the forums and they rarely put in an appearance. They have an issue with Google Chrome incorporated into the service and Netflix being unable to load. They've known about it for 3 years and yet they've never fixed it. They check the forum very seldom but only with the same old "fix" of having to do a hard reboot of the TV box - which works for some and not others and those it works for it only works for a time or two before the problem rears up again. I know this is off-topic but it is a further example of the callousness of Google in providing service to its users.

BTW, for my father's BD, we got him a Kindle Fire. We got tired of this issue. Personally, I have a Kindle Fire that I've had for nearly 3 years and not a lick of trouble. My first Android - a large expensive tablet - failed over and over until it died just after I replaced it under warranty. I also have an RCA/Android tablet and, while I like Android simply because more apps support it, it is definitely not the qualify of the Kindle and more expensive than the deal I got at Amazon.