My Samsung Galaxy 3 will not charge using a USB connection. Also it will not transfer data using a USB connection. How do I fi

Jobco7883

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016
Phone will not charge or transfer data using a USB connection. Phone is a Samsung Galaxy 3. How do I fix this?

Solution
Sounds like the usb socket in the fone is worn. Try cleaning it with an old toothbrush gently with some isopropyl alcohol ... be careful not to get the stuff all over the fone tho. Also try a new usb cable. Regarding transferring data from the fone to a PC ... I usually do not use KIES .. .as it is not particularly good. Set the fone to use as a media device and use the PC to copy the files across.
Sounds like the usb socket in the fone is worn. Try cleaning it with an old toothbrush gently with some isopropyl alcohol ... be careful not to get the stuff all over the fone tho. Also try a new usb cable. Regarding transferring data from the fone to a PC ... I usually do not use KIES .. .as it is not particularly good. Set the fone to use as a media device and use the PC to copy the files across.

Solution