My Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is showing fully charged, but turns off when I unplug the charger.

Solution
Try this and see if it helps.

1. Turn off the laptop.
2. Next unplug the power supply.
3. With just the battery in, try turning on the laptop.
4. If it starts, great.
5. Now wait until it is totally up and running (nothing still loading) and then plug the charger cord back in. This 'should' reset the power plan software.
6. Finally unplug the power supply and the laptop should stay on.

Note: If when you try to power the laptop back on, and it doesn't turn on, either the battery has been damaged or the connector is damaged.

Another possibility, if none of that works, is that you have malware or a virus on the system. Try scanning for both.
Ok you said it turns off when you plug it in, but then next said it will only turn on when plugged in. Did you mean it will only turn on when 'not' plugged in?

If that is the case, there may be a problem, or fault in the charger cord. I would try testing it on a different device, and try a different cord on yours to see if the problem persists. If a different cord allows yours to charge, then you just need a new cord. If changing the cord doesn't help, then it may be a fault in the motherboard.

ieshiarenee

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016

ieshiarenee

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
Hi. Its charging fine. Its shows 100% charged, but will only turn on when hooked up to the charger. If the charger is not plugged in, it will not turn on. With the charger plugged in, it turns on, that's how it see its at 100%. As soon as I unplug the ccharge, the tablet turns off.

Try this and see if it helps.

1. Turn off the laptop.
2. Next unplug the power supply.
3. With just the battery in, try turning on the laptop.
4. If it starts, great.
5. Now wait until it is totally up and running (nothing still loading) and then plug the charger cord back in. This 'should' reset the power plan software.
6. Finally unplug the power supply and the laptop should stay on.

Note: If when you try to power the laptop back on, and it doesn't turn on, either the battery has been damaged or the connector is damaged.

Another possibility, if none of that works, is that you have malware or a virus on the system. Try scanning for both.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS