my samsung galaxy tab 4 wont open or start completely. help please

reyesallenjude

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017
I was just chatting my friends then it unexpectedly shutdown but it stopped in samsung logo. I tried to force shutdown but it just restart and again, it stopped on samsung logo. Someone help me please!

Solution
Try starting it up in "Safe Mode". If it will fully load, you won't have access to many things, but that will also tell you that the problem is probably not hardware. You should then check the device for bad apps, malware, viruses, etc. and once you remove anything that shouldn't be there, restart the device.

Should it still not work, you may have to do a "Hard Reset" but I would save that as a last resort, as it will wipe all personal data.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON"...
Try starting it up in "Safe Mode". If it will fully load, you won't have access to many things, but that will also tell you that the problem is probably not hardware. You should then check the device for bad apps, malware, viruses, etc. and once you remove anything that shouldn't be there, restart the device.

Should it still not work, you may have to do a "Hard Reset" but I would save that as a last resort, as it will wipe all personal data.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution

sierrastan

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017

This solution won't work when you can't get the tablet to turn off.
Holding the power button gets it to reboot, but it stalls while showing the Samsung logo with the fireworks.
It will NOT shut off.

If it will not shut down the only thing to do is to wait until it runs out of power and turns off on its own, then charge it but don't turn it back on until you can do so as listed.

Or, if the tablet isn't under warranty, then you can open it up and pull the battery to cut the power. That is if you feel comfortable doing so. If it is under warranty then do not open it up as that would void the warranty.