My samsung galaxy tab wont turn on

Emma_2019

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016
So my Samsung Galaxy tab wont turn on. I turned it off because it was not working right but now I cant turn it back on.

Solution
Have you tried plugging it in to make sure it is charged? Also, if the device got to low (0%) before being plugged in, it will sometimes not actually charge correctly. Try pressing the power button for 20 seconds, then plug in the device and see if it charges.

If you get nothing still, I would check your cord. Plug it into a different device and see if it works for it. If it does great. If it doesn't you need to replace it.

There is a reset on the device. I can't say where it will be as they are different for different devices, however you should be able to find it on the devices exterior or in any place accessed by SD and SIM cards. It will be a small pinhole that you can use a pen in to reset the device.

NOTE: Before opening up the...
Have you tried plugging it in to make sure it is charged? Also, if the device got to low (0%) before being plugged in, it will sometimes not actually charge correctly. Try pressing the power button for 20 seconds, then plug in the device and see if it charges.

If you get nothing still, I would check your cord. Plug it into a different device and see if it works for it. If it does great. If it doesn't you need to replace it.

There is a reset on the device. I can't say where it will be as they are different for different devices, however you should be able to find it on the devices exterior or in any place accessed by SD and SIM cards. It will be a small pinhole that you can use a pen in to reset the device.

NOTE: Before opening up the device at all, be sure that you are no longer under warranty. If you are, and you open it, you are voiding the warranty. So if the device is in fact still under warranty, I would suggest you contact your carrier or the devices manufacturer before proceeding farther.

If the cord is working fine (after testing on a device other than yours, don't just assume it is good) and it won't work even after hitting the reset button, then the next option is to get inside the tablet and see about changing out the battery. It isn't simple, but it can be done.

If even a battery change won't do it, then the device is probably gone.

Solution