My Samsung tab 4 is frozen

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fitz1030

Estimable
Jun 8, 2014
My Samsung Tab 4 is frozen. After I swiped screen to unlock, It is stuck on that screen.
I pressed the power button to restart, but the power button will not respond.
How can I reset or reboot my tablet?

petenbalto

Estimable
Dec 20, 2015
My Samsung tab 2 10.1 froze on the Samsung logo and would not restart--even after holding down the power and volume down buttons simultaneously for a long time. It kept trying to restart, but always froze on the Samsung logo screen...but I kept trying. Then one time after pushing the power and volume down buttons for a long time I got an android logo lying on its back and a triangle with a "!" in the middle of it (obviously an android in distress) on my screen along with some rebooting options. I selected the highlighted one "reboot now" and it still did not fix the problem--it appeared to be trying to restart and reboot but still froze on the "Samsung" logo screen. Frustrated I tried this 3 times...same result. Finally I selected another option--one that I didn't want to do-- "wipe clean and reset to factory" (or something similarly worded)...THIS WORKED. It did erase everything I had on the tablet--which wasn't much really--it is for entertainment purposes only--(except my google backup which saved some pictures, yay!)...My tablet works like it is brand new again!! I am not happy with having to start over with it--but I am happy that I feel like I have a brand new tablet! Hope this helps others that may be similarly frustrated as I was...

Direct Import

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
Hello, was stressed, everything froze on samsung logo, tried to switch on/off many times. Hold power & volume button for at least 3-5 minutes, tablet will go on/off many times, then the green android in distress came on, needed to wipe all data and restore to factory settings to get it working again. Either that or throw it in the bin!!!