My Samsung UN40eh5300 won't connect to my new router

SnoresLikeBuffalo

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
My TV used to connect to my old wifi router. Got a new router from CenturyLink and now the TV won't connect via WiFi (works fine with ethernet cable). I've chatted with Samsung support a few times, and while they've tried to help, nothing has worked. At one point, after I did a factory reset using their password, I got to the menu under Network Settings after it found my router and asked me to enter the passcode, which I entered, but I neglected to enter the WPS Pin, because I had previously connected my cell phone and laptop to the new router using only the password. But when I hit enter after that, the TV failed to connect and now I can't get back to that menu to enter the password and WPS Pin. Samsung support chat tells me I have a h/w problem, but I think the s/w is not resetting the network security settings.

Anyone have any ideas?

SnoresLikeBuffalo

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016

Thank you for getting back to me. I've already done the factory reset, several times... The TV still won't let me connect...

At this point, I've done a power on-pull plug (as directed by a Samsung tech) and I'm letting that TV sit in a corner unplugged, until I hear more ideas. I suspect the software writes the wifi network security parameters to eproms, which once written cannot be changed. What do you think?