my screen suddenly went blank

nadelm

Estimable
Feb 6, 2015
I have an Acer on Windows 8.1. I was working on it and the screen suddenly went blank. I have tried removing the battery, unplugging the power cord, and pressing the on/off button for 30sec-2min. I have not had any success. Any other ideas?

Louise Porkolt

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
Hi there,
Warranty ? (if yes goto the shop before trying to repair it)
maybe power supply is dead ? (did you try a PSU with same voltage and same power in Watt's ?)
did you check if GPU is still ok ? (if Graphics card is broken, pc boots but no visual shows)

in fact: we need a little more info.

Cheers, Louise.

nadelm

Estimable
Feb 6, 2015
Thanks for the response. I will take it to the store. Unfortunately, I don't understand computer talk, so I'm not sure what you said in the rest of your response!

Hi there,
Warranty ? (if yes goto the shop before trying to repair it)
maybe power supply is dead ? (did you try a PSU with same voltage and same power in Watt's ?)
did you check if GPU is still ok ? (if Graphics card is broken, pc boots but no visual shows)

in fact: we need a little more info.

Cheers, Louise.[/quotemsg]

Louise Porkolt

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
if you want an explanation you need to give a little more information on what you do and what things look or sound like.
The more information the more acurate the solution can be given.

We have a saying: "50% of the solution is in a good explanation of the problem."

Like a bad cable with a broken rubber isolation (inner layer of a cable is visible) can be the cause of what you have !

Cheers, Louise.