My screen won't work! Help please!

markiemarkk

Estimable
Jul 1, 2014
Hi guys, sorry if this is in the wrong thread but i have a problem with my computer.
Just today i turned my computer on and I was not able to see any type of display of my laptop screen. I have a Windows HP pavilion dv4. Im not too sure what the problem could be, so i came here seeking help towards a solution. I was able to get past start up and it to display on a external monitor or TV in my case. The display is perfectly fine on the tv. At first I thought it was the black screen of death so I re-installed my display adapter and tried the technique where you take out the battery and hold the power button for a minute and pop the battery back in (it was a possible solution i found online)? Could this have something to do with my LCD or my inverter board? Or do i just need a new screen in general? Sorry, Im not very handy with computer so ill try and provide as much info as possible and in advance I appreciate everyone's help. :)

Pictures of laptop screen and external tv monitor
photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Solution
Looks like either a faulty panel or a bad video cable. You can try to reseat the video cable (or have it serviced), but usually a loose connection yields horizontal, flickering lines in my personal experience.

Since the external monitor can output the picture, your display adapter is fine, thankfully!
Looks like either a faulty panel or a bad video cable. You can try to reseat the video cable (or have it serviced), but usually a loose connection yields horizontal, flickering lines in my personal experience.

Since the external monitor can output the picture, your display adapter is fine, thankfully!

Solution