My son wants a laptop around $1200.00 USD. He found Asus Rog for 1100.00 and MSI for 1300.00. Which is better quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
My money would go on the Asus because that's the make I see the least in my PC fixing business exceppt teh occasional screen replacement.

I'm also posting this from a thirteen year old Asus EeePC netbook running XP which has never had a days sickness in tis life. While it continues to run well I can't even bother to update it.
My money would go on the Asus because that's the make I see the least in my PC fixing business exceppt teh occasional screen replacement.

I'm also posting this from a thirteen year old Asus EeePC netbook running XP which has never had a days sickness in tis life. While it continues to run well I can't even bother to update it.

Solution

Satchmoeddie

Commendable
Nov 16, 2016
My Asus mother board on my first desktop is still running after 87,648 hours straight. It has been sitting in a Cosmos Coolermaster case delegating printer functions for 10 years straight, 24 hours a day. When I saw "All Japanese made capacitors" on the Asus box, I was sold. I have been repairing mostly music oriented electronics for 36 years, and the capacitors are the cheapo parts that die the fastest in EVERYTHING, going clear back to the days of the vacuum tube. Japanese capacitors are so highly revered that the Chinese are counterfeiting them now. So Asus is the winner for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.