My Sony Vaio laptop is receiving power, but it won\'t turn on

chad2625

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
Yes I propbably can help and please dont think Im being a jerk but let me ask you a few questions.
My chevy is having transmission problems can you help?
I paid my electricty bill but I have no Lights in my house can you help?

Do you see how little usable information I have given you, and how there could be many possible problems there are with my car?

please answer the following questions to narrow down the problem.
1) model of sony vaio
2)age of computer
3) define not turn on. Dose it run, but display no video? dose any light flash when you push power? Do fans run?
4) if you hook laptop up to a external monitor dose it display video?
5) did you drop or spill anything on it?

My first thought is if it is old 3+ years it could be that the backlight or inverter has stopped working and your laptop is actually booting. To tell this take a flashlight shine it on the middle of the screen, if you can make out the windows logo or anything on the screen then it is either the inverter or backlight. Also hooking up an external montior test but flashlight test for sure means an inverter problem monitor test means there is a problem somewhere with the display

19HuDaZ68

Estimable
Apr 25, 2015
1) model of sony vaio
- SONY VAIO MODEL: SVF143A1YW

2) Age of computer
-LESS THAN 1 YEAR

3) Define not turn on. Dose it run, but display no video? dose any light flash when you push power? Do fans run?
-IT WILL NOT TURN ON. NOTHING HAPPENS WHEN I PUSH THE POWER BUTTON. NO FANS. NO POWER. NO PROBLEM WITH THE WIRE BECAUSE IT WORKS ON MY OTHER SONY VAIO.

4) if you hook laptop up to a external monitor dose it display video?
-STILL NOTHING HAPPENS

5) Did you drop or spill anything on it?
-NO, IT IS WELL TAKEN CARE

Please help me… this is still new… I only use this occasionally, whenever I had a project to make…