My stereo shuts down at high volume

Josac

Prominent
Feb 9, 2017
I am using 2 pioneer speakers 65W each on my old aiwa radio with 250W. The radio shuts down whenever the volume exceed a certain fixed point, but it varies from one song to another. I dont know whats the problem?

Solution
I think the problem is that your Aiwa isn't anything close to 250 watts. Maybe more like 20-25 watts per channel and maybe less. Unlike receivers and amp mini systems are not power rated in a standard way so they just make up as high a number as they can. You may also think it is 250 because that is what it says near the power cord in the back. That is the wattage it draws from the AC at full volume not what come out at the speakers.
You need more power to play louder. The Aiwa is shutting down to protect itself. It varies from song to song depending on the bass content.
I think the problem is that your Aiwa isn't anything close to 250 watts. Maybe more like 20-25 watts per channel and maybe less. Unlike receivers and amp mini systems are not power rated in a standard way so they just make up as high a number as they can. You may also think it is 250 because that is what it says near the power cord in the back. That is the wattage it draws from the AC at full volume not what come out at the speakers.
You need more power to play louder. The Aiwa is shutting down to protect itself. It varies from song to song depending on the bass content.

Solution