Question Laptops shuts unexpectedly at 17% battery without any low battery warning

tanjib

Honorable
Dec 17, 2015
Hello
My asus p2530UJ laptop shuts down forcefully without any battery warning when the battery percentage is 17% left. This didnt happen before. Its about a month I am facing this issue.

I have checked the power option settings. The low battery level is set to 10 % and the critical battery level is set to 5% and its set to hibernate when the battery is low. But instead of hibernating its turning off suddenly without any battery warning and all my unsaved works are gone.

I dont think there is any problem with the laptop battery. Is there a problem to the OS ?

Please help

tanjib

Honorable
Dec 17, 2015
The battery calibration is probably wrong. You need to poke around and see how Asus performs the calibration.
Calibrated the battery. Still forcefully shutting down.

Also when the battery is fully charged and red light turns into green light, the battery indicator is showing 76% charge instead of 100%.

Also when I put my cursor on battery indicator while plugged in its showing 4 min to full charge and the 4 minute is not ending.