My super fast tiger laptop became a super slow snail

Mar 17, 2018
Hey guys,
My laptop became super slow.
I have a lenovo laptop, Quad core I7 2.5 Ghz, 16Gb of ram, 512Gb Samsung Ssd, nVidia 860 gtx 4gb, running win 10.
Have this guy fot like 3.5 years now and really like him, didn't upset me up until now and performed any task brilliantly.
About a week ago it suddenly start to stuck, not responding, not moving.
I did restart the machine, did a virus scan, maked sure nothing is running in the background or in another desktop, but still no change.
I try to open an application it takes minutes to open, chrome for example took 4 minutes to open and another 3 minutes just to load my Gmail.
Manageing to open autocad or 3ds max is some sort of a dream now.
I closed everything, opened task manager and went down to performance, there i saw that the cpu is on 95 percent throttle, ram in 100 percent usage. But the funny thing is that when i am sorting by usage it shows that the app that takes the most ram memory is the task manager itself and it stands on just 70 mb, so I don't really understand where the hell is the other 15 and something gigabyte of ram? And why is it so slow or what can i do to fix that. I am really desprate, i am an architecture student, and i need to render some views to my next week assignment and i really cant afford a new pc right now... :( Please help me..

Solution
Did you try going into "msconfig" and click on the "Startup" tab? In there is a list of all things that start when Windows does. There could easily be things (antivirus software, etc.) that you want on the system, but that are starting up the second you get into the computer and using up your resources.

BUT, Be Very Careful turning off anything in there. Many things are needed. So don't mess with anything in there if you are not sure what to turn off.
Mar 17, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from ohad.yad : "My great laptop became really slow"

Hey guys,
My laptop became super slow.
I have a lenovo laptop, Quad core I7 2.5 Ghz, 16Gb of ram, 512Gb Samsung Ssd, nVidia 860 gtx 4gb, running win 10.
Have this guy fot like 3.5 years now and really like him, didn't upset me up until now and performed any task brilliantly.
About a week ago it suddenly start to stuck, not responding, not moving.
I did restart the machine, did a virus scan, maked sure nothing is running in the background or in another desktop, but still no change.
I try to open an application it takes minutes to open, chrome for example took 4 minutes to open and another 3 minutes just to load my Gmail.
I closed everything, opened task manager and went down to performance, there i saw that the cpu is on 95 percent throttle, ram in 100 percent usage. But the funny thing is that when i am sorting by usage it shows that the app that takes the most ram memory is the task manager itself and it stands on just 70 mb, so I don't really understand where the hell is the other 15 and something gigabyte of ram? And why is it so slow or what can i do to fix that. I am really desprate, i am an architecture student, i need to render some views to my next week assignment and i really cant afford a new pc right now... :( Please help me..

Did you try going into "msconfig" and click on the "Startup" tab? In there is a list of all things that start when Windows does. There could easily be things (antivirus software, etc.) that you want on the system, but that are starting up the second you get into the computer and using up your resources.

BUT, Be Very Careful turning off anything in there. Many things are needed. So don't mess with anything in there if you are not sure what to turn off.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS