my toshiba C655D keeps shutting off before it can boot it up

Richard Meyer

Estimable
Dec 5, 2015
So my Toshiba satellite C655D didn't work when i got it from m sister. It is not new she got it in 2012. So we found out that the battery was one of the problems, so we got a new charger and battery from amazon exactly the same as the original one you get with the laptop.So i turned it on, everything worked fine for about 20 minutes, and then bam, it shuts off by itself without warning. By the way i was downloading Windows 10 on it when this happend. Ever since that happend it turns on i click ENTER on it and everything is fine and then it says Downloading Windows Files and it shuts off without warning again. It does this every time i try to get on it now it does that. Please help i don't want to buy a laptop right now.

Solution
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try if it will boot up.
- Also do try booting the laptop without the battery and see if it will load up normally.
- Next to try is to reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are all seated properly.
- Do also test the laptop if it would still shut down while it's in BIOS because if it does, that means it's the motherboard that is faulty.
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try if it will boot up.
- Also do try booting the laptop without the battery and see if it will load up normally.
- Next to try is to reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are all seated properly.
- Do also test the laptop if it would still shut down while it's in BIOS because if it does, that means it's the motherboard that is faulty.

Solution