My Toshiba is stuck on "Toshiba Leading Innovations" screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

katyireland

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016
Hi, I just tried to turn on my Toshiba Satellite L775D laptop, but it won't boot up. It is stuck on the Toshiba logo screen with no options to select. Any advice hugely appreciated!

Solution
Try this and see if it will work....

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This...
Try this and see if it will work....

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

Solution

katyireland

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016
Thank you so much for your prompt and detailed response. I could not get this solution to work unfortunately, plus a dozen other things I tried! I finally gave up up and started to put my laptop away, pulled out my iPhone charger from the USB port on the laptop, and hey presto, it booted up!

Rebekah_2

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017

Rebekah_2

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017

Rebekah_2

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
Oh. My. Gracious. I am sooooo thankful for this website. I actually resolved my question about the iPhone question. I wouldn't have been able to solve this computer prob w/out this website! Thank you so much.

George_215

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017
if it keeps stucking there everytime you restart or power off/on? pc recovered, but when i restarted, it stuck on the same screen. i tried the same again ( power off and on with the 0 button, but instead of refreshing again, i pressed continue on windows. it logged in so wtf? whet i restarted it again, the same! Can anybody help me as to what causes it?

Status
Not open for further replies.