My Toshiba Laptop doesnot show boot sreeen and crashes.

Niranjancasey

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
I have got Toshiba Satellite L505D and It has been almost 2 year since I bought this laptop.Initially almost 1 month ago it showed the problem of over heating and then when i started the laptop everything went normal and it showed the desktop but suddenly it used to hang and I was compelled to power off.
But It used to run in the safe windows mood and it didn't hang when I run the laptop in safe mood but there was no sound and showed that it couldnt find the device.
I didn't repair it till then and left it as it was and I didn't use it.
But when I tried to start it today It didnt start.
There is no display,no response at all.
And when I left it in the repair shop today He said that the whole motherboard should be changed.But I don't think that my motherboard has been damaged.
What may be the possible cause and what should I do? Can I check the functionality of motherboard myself?

Overheating issue would lead to a dead motherboard, maybe the CPU or video card. Video card is part of the motherboard in that model so you'd need a new motherboard.

If the system does not turn on, you can't test anything. Before doing the work, check for prices for new laptops or maybe a working used model. If you get the exact same one as yours you can just swap hard drives with it.