Key pad on Toshiba Satellite laptop not functioning normally? ?
All a sudden the space bar is zooming in and out instead of doing a space, if I press FN first I can do one space at a time.. also keys:1,2 & z wont work unless I press FN first then I can use it once, very frustrating. Anyone know how to change this back?? Or is it a fault I need to call in the warrenty for? Its only a few mths old. And latest model
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help before you send it for a repair.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug its AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then boot it back up and test it again.
- If this will not work do try to uninstall/reinstall the keyboard driver.
- Open Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard driver.
- Reboot your laptop once the driver has been uninstalled and it should reinstall after the reboot.
- Do test your laptop again after the reboot and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If these will not work go to Control Panel the Keyboard and make sure settings are all set to United States.
- Lastly, connect an external USB keyboard if available and see if the same problem will persist.
- And finally if all these will not work do reinstall Windows since if it will not work you'll need to send it for a repair.